Turmeric fans, this is for you. I’m teaming up with @diasporaco for a GIVEAWAY of a year’s supply of my favorite turmeric. That’s FOUR jars of vibrant, potent, organically farmed, single-origin turmeric grown in Andhra Pradesh, India with a 4.7% curcumin content. TO PARTICIPATE: Follow both of us ( @heidijswanson & @diasporaco ) on Instagram and leave a comment (on Insta) telling me what you’d do with this special turmeric. I’ll select my fave this Sunday (3/31)! To kick things off I’m highlighting a few of my favorite turmeric recipes here. Let’s do this! xx, -h
1. Turmeric Grilled Tofu Spring Rolls – The spring rolls we been eat all spring & summer. Grilled turmeric tofu, asparagus, herbs, and hot sauce.
2. Turmeric Cashews – Turmeric Cashews tossed with cayenne, nori, and sesame. Inspired by The Good Gut written by Stanford researchers Justin and Erica Sonnenburg. Keep your microbiota happy.
3. Sunshine Pad Thai – The pad thai recipe you’re looking for! Try this simple trick to make a turmeric noodle version.
4. Turmeric Tea – I started making this turmeric tea for its beneficial properties, and now it is one of my favorite daily rituals – made from a honey turmeric paste with lots of lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper.
5. Pickled Turmeric Eggs – If you’ve got hard-boiled eggs and five extra minutes, you can make these beauties! They’re the best. Hard-boiled eggs pickled in turmeric, shallot, and apple cider vinegar – beautiful, quick to make, and delicious.
6. Instant Pot Congee with Brown Rice and Turmeric – making congee in your Instant Pot is literally reason enough to buy one. A complete home run.
7. Turmeric Soaked Chickpeas – Turmeric soaked chickpeas, you can use them in all sorts of things! This includes your favorite hummus, salads, and chickpea creations. I include conventional stovetop and Instant Pot instructions here.
There’s also this (8)turmeric popcorn, this favorite (9)lemongrass turmeric curry paste, and this (10) dynamite cold tonic.
Continue reading Ten Turmeric Boosted Recipes + Giveway on 101 Cookbooks