Keeping it simple with this Sheet Pan Blackened Salmon Bowl with Potatoes and Avocado Goddess Sauce. Baby potatoes roasted alongside blackened salmon and served bowl style with steamed brown rice, feta cheese, and the most deliciously addicting avocado goddess sauce. This is quick, easy, extra colorful, super flavorful, and so delicious.
The post Sheet Pan Blackened Salmon Bowl with Potatoes and Avocado Goddess Sauce. appeared first on Half Baked Harvest.
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved if large
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (5-6 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- juice of 1-2 lemons, to your liking
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 2-3 cups cooked brown rice
- 8 ounces feta cheese, cubed or crumbled
AVOCADO GODDESS SAUCE
- 1 avocado, halved
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 1 jalapeño, halved and seeded
- juice from 1 lemon, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- kosher salt
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
On a rimmed baking sheet, toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and black pepper. Roast for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
Place the salmon on a plate and drizzle with honey. Add the paprika, cumin, garlic, lemon juice, crushed red pepper flakes, and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, rubbing the seasonings and oil evenly into each filet.
Remove potatoes from oven and push them to one side of pan. Put salmon on the other side. Return pan to oven and roast for 10 to 20 minutes more, until salmon reaches desired doneness and potatoes are soft.
Meanwhile, make the goddess sauce. Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy, adding water, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed to thin the sauce.
To serve, spread the goddess sauce onto plates. Add the brown rice, potatoes, salmon, and feta. If desired, squeeze a drop of lemon juice over salmon and serve with fresh basil. Enjoy!