Quick Pantry Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Burrata… for those nights when you’re craving a fresh pasta dish, but don’t feel like heading to the store. I went to my go-to pantry staple, sun-dried tomatoes, to create this quick and easy 30 minute pasta dish. I used a little garlic, chili peppers, tomato paste, and basil, to flavor the dish. Then I used the reserved pasta cooking water to create a luscious sauce. Finally, I finished each bowl of pasta off with fresh burrata cheese and a light drizzle of olive oil. Perfection.
The post Quick Pantry Pasta with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Burrata. appeared first on Half Baked Harvest. https://www.halfbakedharvest.com/quick-pantry-pasta/
- 1 pound short cut pasta
- Kosher salt
- 1 jar (8 ounce) oil pack sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped, oil reserved
- 4-6 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 ounces burrata cheese cheese, torn
- fresh dill, roughly chopped, for serving
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions until al dente. Just before draining, reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water. Drain.
- Meanwhile, drain the sun-dried tomato oil out into a large skillet. Reserve the tomatoes.
- Set the skillet over medium heat. When the oil shimmers, add the garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup basil, and lemon zest. Cook 2-3 minutes, until the garlic is fragrant. Add the tomato paste, cook another minute. Stir in 3/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add the sun-dried tomatoes and pasta, tossing to coat. Stir in the parmesan and a pinch of pepper. Cook until warmed through, 1-2 minutes. Add the parsley and remaining 1/4 cup basil, toss until the herbs are wilted and the sauce coats the pasta, about 2-3 minutes, adding in more pasta water if needed to thin the sauce. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the pasta to serving bowls and top each with burrata. Drizzle with olive oil, dill, and season with salt and pepper. Enjoy!